Experiencing any medical condition and the symptoms that come with it can take a toll on your overall wellness. Managing symptoms like constipation, bloating, gas and other symptoms related to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be possible if you find the treatments that hlep you feel like yourself again. A treatment option available for individuals diagnosed with IBS is IV therapy treatment like the treatments Mobile IV Medics provides.
- What is IBS?
- Can IV Therapy Help IBS?
- How Does IV Therapy Help People With Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- Mobile IV Medics Brings IV Treatment to You
- Book Your Appointment for IV Treatment
You can often manage IBS with lifestyle changes and medications, but you may want to try other types of treatment to help relieve some of your symptoms. Learn more about IBS and how IV therapy can be a helpful method for easing the uncomfortable symptoms of this condition and others.
What is IBS?
Irritable bowel syndrome, known as IBS, is a relatively common intestinal disorder for individuals to experience. This disorder impacts the digestive system and large intestine with abdominal pain, gas, cramping, bloating, constipation or diarrhea. IBS is a chronic condition that individuals need to take care of continually.
Many cases of IBS are manageable through lifestyle changes, a healthy diet and stress management. You may even experience severe symptoms of IBS that you can get treated through medication or counseling.
Symptoms of IBS can include:
- Pain or cramping when having a bowel movement.
- Extreme variations in how often you have a bowel movement.
- Changes in the look of your bowel movements.
While common symptoms of IBS are manageable, there are some that you should see a doctor for, like:
- Significant weight loss.
- Iron deficiency.
- Trouble swallowing.
- Rectal bleeding.
- Unexplained nausea and vomiting.
- Diarrhea at night.
- Continuous pain unrelated to bowel movements or gas.
People who find methods and lifestyle changes that help manage their IBS can live relatively normal lives with little to no symptoms. There are various causes of the condition and factors that can trigger IBS symptoms.
IBS doesn’t have one single cause. A few factors can contribute to the development of the disorder, including:
- Severe infection: IBS may develop after a severe infection or virus that causes diarrhea. A large number of bacteria in the intestines can also play a role in developing IBS.
- Nervous system irregularities: IBS may develop when there are irregularities in the function of nerves in the digestive system. People may experience considerable discomfort or pain during bowel movements or gas when the nervous system poorly executes messages throughout the digestive system.
- Early stress exposure: People who experience stress early on in life may encounter symptoms of IBS.
- Muscle contractions: Having strong muscle contractions in the intestines can quickly cause food to move through the digestive system and potentially cause bloating, gas or diarrhea. Weak muscle contractions can lead to dry stool or hard stool because of slow food passage.
- Gut microbes changes: Changes that happen to the microbe in your digestive tract include types of bacteria, viruses and fungi. The microorganisms residing in the intestines are crucial to gut health, and too many unwanted microbes can potentially lead to IBS.
Factors that can trigger IBS after a person is diagnosed include:
- Stress: High levels of stress can aggravate current symptoms of IBS. Stress management is an essential part of controlling IBS symptoms.
- Food: Certain foods can trigger IBS symptoms or significantly worsen the symptoms. Some of the most common food options that can irritate IBS symptoms are dairy products, wheat, milk, beans, cabbage, carbonated beverages and citrus fruit.
Can IV Therapy Help IBS?
Various prescribed medications or lifestyle changes are standard treatment or management options for individuals with IBS. These methods may work for some, but others may continue looking for an effective treatment option that relieves their IBS symptoms. IV therapy is a form of treatment that you can try to help control symptoms of IBS.
IV therapy is helpful for numerous conditions. People who need help rehydrating, relieving nausea and other bothersome symptoms. IVs administer different vitamins and minerals through fluids directly into the bloodstream. For IBS, this type of treatment can help you receive the nutrients you need to become healthier and help relieve your IBS symptoms.
IBS can make it challenging for people to absorb critical nutrients into the body that keeps them healthy and strong. Receiving these nutrients can help certain parts of the digestive system function comfortably, so quickly receiving these items from an IV treatment is beneficial for those with IBS.
How Does IV Therapy Help People With Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
IV therapy treatments can help individuals with IBS by quickly getting vitamins and other nutrients into the body. This type of treatment is helpful for patients who have tried taking these nutrients or other medication orally and see little to no improvements in their symptoms. The stomach and other parts of the digestive system may be sensitive to oral vitamins and experience irritation from things like magnesium or vitamin C. The IV therapy for IBS will help get the nutrients into your bloodstream and your cells without having to enter the digestive tract and potentially upsetting your stomach.
IV treatments can also help if you have severe IBS symptoms and need help feeling well. The three reasons why individuals seek out IV treatment for IBS include:
- To improve their quality of life
- To alleviate IBS symptoms
- To lower the likelihood of long flareups
Receiving IV treatments for IBS can also impact other areas of your health. Obtaining proper nutrients can help make your body feel better, help you feel more awake and can help you get a better night’s rest. It’s important to relieve IBS symptoms so you can continue with your day feeling like yourself.
Mobile IV Medics Brings IV Treatment to You
If you’re someone who is struggling with uncomfortable IBS symptoms and wants to see if IV treatment can help relieve your symptoms, you can try this type of therapy from the comfort of your home. Mobile IV Medics can administer IV treatments by bringing our services to your location. You can complete this treatment from your home, hotel or any location where you can sit and receive the IV drip.
Mobile IV Medics offer a variety of IV treatment packages that can help provide nutrients your body needs to relieve IBS symptoms or any other symptoms that are troubling you. Options like the hydration IV treatment package that helps people feel refreshed, the food poisoning IV treatment that helps replenish vitamins and minerals into your body or the MIVM Cocktail IV treatment, which provides the ultimate IV therapy for those who want all of the vitamins and supplements.
Book Your Appointment for IV Treatment
Are you ready to give IV therapy from Mobile IV Medics a try? Book your appointment today to have us treat your various IBS symptoms with an IV package.