What Causes Food Poisoning?
Food poisoning occurs when pathogens contaminate your food or water, leading to diarrhea, vomiting and dehydration. Common food poisoning causes in the U.S. include:
- Norovirus: Norovirus spreads quickly and in a variety of ways. You can get this virus if you have direct contact with someone who is infected with norovirus or eat shellfish, clams or lobster that come from infected water. You can also become infected by consuming raw fruits and vegetables.
- Listeria: You can get listeria from packaged foods such as lunch meats and hot dogs, soft cheeses, raw fruits and vegetables.
- E. coli: E. coli bacteria can be contracted by touching animals and neglecting to wash your hands afterward or through contact with the feces of an infected person. You can also get E. coli from drinking unpasteurized milk and cider or eating undercooked beef.
- Shigella: Shigella can be found on seafood and raw fruits and vegetables.
- Salmonella: You can become infected with Salmonella by eating undercooked meat or uncooked eggs.
- Campylobacter: Ingesting Campylobacter through your mouth can lead to food poisoning. It can be encountered by eating undercooked meat, especially chicken.
- Giardia intestinalis: This parasite is found in food contaminated by stool or stream water.
- Clostridium perfringens: Often, C. perfringens food poisoning happens when you eat improperly cooked and stored foods.
Food poisoning regularly causes adults and children to lose large amounts of fluids, leading to dehydration. Instead of going to the hospital to get an IV, opting for mobile IV therapy allows you to get the relief you need in the comfort of your own home. At Mobile IV Medics, we offer in-home IV treatment to help treat the symptoms of food poisoning and related ailments.
Symptoms of Food Poisoning Our IV Package May Help With
Our food poisoning IV package may help alleviate symptoms associated with consuming undercooked food, including:
- Upset stomach
- Stomach cramps
How Much Does a Food Poisoning IV Cost?
A food poisoning IV package from Mobile IV Medics costs $299. Please let us know if you’d like to supplement your food poisoning IV with add-ons to optimize your anti-nausea IV drip therapy. You can customize your in-home food poisoning IV fluid treatment package with add-ons including:
- Vitamin C
- MIC and L-Carnitine
- Anti-Heartburn & Reflux Medicine
- Amino Blend
- Vitamin D
- Tri Immune Boost
Schedule Your IV Therapy Now
When you choose Mobile IV Medics as your Mobile IV drip company, you can rest assured you’re receiving an IV hydration treatment tailored to your ailment. Our team operates under standing orders from our Medical Director along with treatments approved by our Pharmacist. All in-home IV infusions are administered by our team of Registered Nurses to supply the best treatment for your symptoms.
When you need IV therapy for food poisoning, nausea or vomiting throughout southern California, central Texas, or the Florida coast, Mobile IV Medics is only a phone call away. We come to you — within an hour of when you call us — to safely and painlessly administer an IV drip and speed you on your way to recovery.