It’s no secret that healthy skin starts from the inside out. As your body’s first layer of defense against the outside world, your skin needs the correct vitamins and nutrients to stay beautiful and proactive. These same elements can also keep your hair looking shiny and soft. With the right supplements, you’ll be at your best.
To help you nourish your skin and maintain your mane, we’ll go over how you can obtain healthy skin and the best vitamins for radiant skin and hair. It’s not always easy to work enough vitamins into your diet naturally, so we’ll also tell you how to boost your vitamin intake with intravenous (IV) therapy.
Keep reading to learn all the beauty secrets you need for glowing skin and gorgeous locks.
How to Maintain and Nourish Your Skin
If you want healthy, radiant skin, you can adopt certain habits to enhance your skin’s health. These lifestyle changes will help your skin thrive — and you’ll look fantastic throughout the process. Luckily, you don’t have to make any substantial adjustments to enjoy healthier skin.
Here’s how to maintain your skin’s vitality and beauty:
- Prioritize hygiene: Incorporate proper hygiene into your daily routine by showering regularly in warm water. Additionally, you should wash your face morning and night with a mild cleanser that won’t irritate your skin. Use gentle circular motions to remove dirt, sweat and makeup.
- Avoid sun damage: Protect your skin from intense sun exposure by using high-SPF sunscreen and wearing protective clothing, such as a hat.
- Get your vitamins: Remember that your skin reflects what you put into your body. Ensure your skin receives the vitamins and minerals it needs by eating a nutrient-rich diet. Fill in gaps with supplements and other treatments when necessary.
- Stay hydrated: Avoid dry skin by drinking enough water daily and using moisturizers on your skin.
- Minimize stress: Too much stress takes a toll on your skin and other body systems. Be sure to prioritize rest and relaxation as much as possible so you can achieve that fresh-faced, glowing look.
- Don’t use sunlamps or tanning beds: Both sunlamps and tanning beds emit the same harmful UV radiation as the sun. Avoid these tanning methods to protect your skin from damage. Options like tanning foams and lotions are far better for your skin.
- Rest up: Getting your beauty sleep is key for healthy skin. Experts recommend that adults sleep for at least seven to eight hours each night.
- Talk with your doctor: Consult your doctor if you notice any uncommon variations in your skin, such as a rash or mole that changes its color or size.
Vitamins That Lead to Radiant Skin
Because vitamins play a significant role in how your skin looks and feels, you should prioritize a healthy diet. Even the most expensive, luxurious skin care products can’t replicate nutrients and minerals. If you want your skin to look beautiful and stay clear, you need to supply it with the elements it needs to thrive. Keep in mind that you should speak with your doctor before taking any over-the-counter supplements to ensure you make the best decision for your health.
Check out a few top vitamins to achieve stunning, healthy skin.
Vitamin B Complex
The vitamin B complex performs many functions for your skin, from vitamin B1 helping prevent breakouts to vitamin B5 locking in moisture. Plus, vitamin B2 assists with cell turnover and collagen maintenance, which is crucial for protecting your skin’s structure and integrity. By treating conditions like acne, dermatitis, rosacea and more, vitamin B3 also aids your skin. Those without enough vitamin B complex may experience skin rashes and other conditions.
If you’re trying to add more vitamin B complex to your life, you should consume more eggs, poultry, beef, dairy and soy. Some cereals are fortified with vitamin B complex, as well. Aside from these natural vitamin B complex sources, you can easily find vitamin B complex over-the-counter supplements or individual B vitamins for specific deficiencies.
While you may typically associate vitamin C with maintaining immune system health, it’s also crucial for sustaining your skin’s well-being. This vitamin helps keep your skin strong by enabling your body to generate more collagen, reducing both wrinkles and fine lines to make your skin look firmer and smoother.
Plus, vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps your body eliminate free radicals. These molecules come from air pollution and excess sunshine, causing damaging effects like sunspots and wrinkles. The top sources of vitamin C include citrus fruits, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables.
Vitamin D is a key player in promoting healthy cells throughout the body, which includes your skin. Specifically, increasing your vitamin D intake may help improve your acne due to vitamin D’s ability to fight infection. This vitamin also plays a significant role in healing wounds, which means that consuming vitamin D will help your skin cells grow and repair correctly.
Because your body receives vitamin D from the sun naturally, you can get your daily dose by simply stepping outdoors for a few minutes each day. If you can’t head outside as often, you can give your low levels a boost with fish, dairy, eggs, fortified grains and over-the-counter supplements.
Best Vitamins for Shiny Hair
Vitamins aren’t just for fresh, glowing skin. They can also promote shiny, flowing hair. Specific vitamins will help your scalp stay healthy to produce fuller, thicker and stronger hair follicles.
If you want long, luscious locks, make sure you get enough of these vitamins:
Also known as vitamin B7, biotin is a specific B-complex vitamin that’s exceptionally beneficial to hair growth. It helps your hair grow stronger and longer. Those who don’t consume enough biotin can experience a deficiency that leads to thinning or dry hair. Foods like almonds, cheese and mushrooms are rich in vitamin B7.
Vitamin C is critical for hair health because its water-soluble properties spur the natural collagen production process and stabilize the collagen already within the body. Activating collagen production keeps your hair strong and growing. As an antioxidant, vitamin C also neutralizes the oxidative stress and free radicals that cause hair loss.
Vitamin E is excellent for hair health because it works to calm inflammation on your scalp, which slows free radical damage happening around your hair follicles. As a result, you can prevent hair damage and premature graying. Applying a topical vitamin E treatment can help produce more collagen and healthier skin cells on your scalp.
Vitamin IV Therapy for Better Skin
IV therapy is perfect for producing healthy, glowing skin. It delivers essential vitamins and minerals directly to your bloodstream in a form that’s easy to absorb. Therefore, your skin and hair can receive nutrients that are vital to their health almost instantaneously. If you have an important event on the horizon, like a wedding or anniversary, IV therapy can help you look your best in a flash.
An effective beauty IV drip package will contain these ingredients:
- IV fluid: Hydrating IV fluid boosts your skin’s moisture levels to prevent your skin from becoming dry, chapped, flaky or scaly.
- Vitamin B complex: All the B vitamins in the vitamin B complex work together to protect your skin from damage while promoting cell regeneration, collagen maintenance and overall health.
- Vitamin B12: This specific B vitamin helps with cell production to reduce skin redness, dryness, excessive oil, inflammation and acne blemishes.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C preserves your skin’s collagen levels to smooth over and firm up your skin’s appearance.
- Glutathione: This potent antioxidant will detox your body to help maintain your skin’s youth and sustain its wellness.
- Zinc: This mineral will help protect, heal and rejuvenate your skin by eliminating free radicals, mitigating sun exposure effects and lessening inflammation from an acne breakout.
Enhance Your Skin’s Health With IV Therapy From Mobile IV Medics
If you want to boost your skin and hair health, check out the beauty IV drip package from Mobile IV Medics. Our beauty IV drip package has all the key ingredients for gorgeous skin and shiny hair so you can look fabulous in minutes. The best part is our registered nurses will come right to your door, so you can receive your IV therapy without having to leave your home.
We serve multiple areas across the country, including California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois and Nevada. If you have a big night coming up, book your Mobile IV Medics appointment now to receive IV therapy for healthier, glowing skin within the hour.