Living with eczema can be challenging and unpredictable. Painful and unsightly patches may flare up at the most inconvenient times. You can lather on all the ointments and lotions and still not get relief. IV therapy is different than traditional treatments, delivering the vitamins and nutrients directly into the bloodstream to promote healthy and hydrated skin. Learn more about how IV therapy could potentially treat your eczema symptoms in this guide.
Table of Contents:
- What Is Eczema?
- Can IV Therapy Help With Eczema?
- How IV Therapy Can Help Relieve Eczema
- Which IV Therapy Treatment Helps Eczema
- Schedule an Eczema Treatment With Mobile IV Medics
What Is Eczema?
- Dry, itchy skin
- A swollen and inflamed rash
- Scaly and discolored patches
- Blisters that ooze and may become infected
People with eczema often experience extreme discomfort and embarrassment over the appearance of their skin. Eczema can appear on any part of the body, but it’s most common on visible areas like your hands, arms, legs, face and scalp. There are times when eczema symptoms are less noticeable with unpredictable flare-ups.
Eczema is caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors like stress and pollution. External irritants like soap, detergent, pollen and dry weather can trigger an eczema flare-up. Severe eczema symptoms have also been linked to food allergies. There is no cure for eczema, but there are many treatments that can help relieve your symptoms.
Can IV Therapy Help With Eczema?
Eczema is often treated with a combination of lifestyle changes, over-the-counter ointments and prescription medications. Eczema IV treatment is an innovative therapy that treats eczema symptoms from the inside out. Though IV therapy can’t cure eczema, it helps restore essential fluids, vitamins, electrolytes and antioxidants to rebalance your skin and alleviate your symptoms.
How IV Therapy Can Help Relieve Eczema
Eczema IV packages contain a mix of vitamins and supplements to help ease your symptoms. Here are the ingredients that can help provide relief:
An autoimmune disease is a condition where the body mistakenly attacks healthy cells. Researchers believe that several types of eczema could be a result of an autoimmune reaction leading to chronic inflammation. Glutathione is a crucial antioxidant that helps protect the skin from an autoimmune response. Chronic inflammation causes oxidative stress, which weakens your body’s antioxidant defenses by reducing the natural glutathione levels in your blood.
At Mobile IV Medics, you can add glutathione to any drip package to boost your antioxidant defenses and potentially relieve your eczema symptoms.
2. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a crucial nutrient that promotes skin health. It boosts your immune system and helps produce vital collagen to keep your skin looking and feeling good. Healthy skin requires high levels of vitamin C to protect you and prevent clogged pores. Vitamin C deficiency is common in people with eczema. Vitamin C supplements are a safe and easy way to replenish your skin. IV treatments provide a boost of vitamin C and other nutrients much faster than oral supplements.
Healthy skin is covered with an acidic barrier that protects against irritants and retains moisture. Scientists believe that people with eczema have higher pH levels that leave the skin vulnerable to moisture loss, dirt and bacteria. As a result, their skin is dry and prone to infection.
IV therapy contains electrolytes to help relieve this issue. Electrolytes are essential minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium that do a lot to keep your body healthy and functioning properly. A healthy dose of electrolytes also helps keep your pH levels in check. IV therapy is loaded with electrolytes for eczema to replenish your body, strengthen your skin and help keep you hydrated.
Zinc is a natural anti-inflammatory to help soothe swollen and itchy skin. It also helps your body produce epithelium — a new layer of skin to cover your wounds. Although more research is needed, studies show that zinc supplements could treat and prevent eczema flare-ups. IV therapy can deliver a boost of zinc to replenish your system and help your skin recover.
Saline is the base ingredient of all IV therapy packages. It’s a mix of sodium chloride and water to help your body absorb the vitamins and nutrients you’ve chosen for your treatment. IV fluid also helps hydrate your body and restore moisture to your dry, itchy skin.
Which IV Therapy Treatment Helps Eczema
If you’re considering IV therapy for your eczema, it’s important to choose a package that will target your specific condition. At Mobile IV Medics, we have several drip packages to help relieve your eczema symptoms:
- Beauty IV Drip Package: Our beauty drip package is filled with nourishing ingredients to promote healthy and radiant skin. It contains an ideal blend of IV fluid, glutathione, vitamin C and zinc to help soothe and prevent eczema flare-ups. It also has a boost of B-vitamins to help reduce inflammation and promote healing.
- IV Hydration Package: Our IV hydration package contains straight saline to give you a hydrating boost of sodium and fluids. You can also choose a custom blend of add-ins like glutathione, vitamin C, zinc and electrolytes to help soothe and repair your skin.
- Immune System Support IV Package: Eczema is an immune-driven disease, so it makes sense that our immunity drip package can help relieve your symptoms. Vitamin C, zinc and glutathione help reduce inflammation, while vitamin C, B and B12 promote healthy skin. The Immune MAX IV Package has additional vitamin C and zinc for maximum results.
- MIVM Cocktail IV Drip Package: The Myers’ Cocktail IV therapy is our all-inclusive package, formulated with the best ingredients we have to offer. It features a high dose of glutathione, vitamin C and zinc along with taurine, magnesium and B-vitamins to improve your overall health and well-being. This treatment nourishes and energizes your body to help relieve and repair your eczema symptoms.
- Sunburn IV: This drip package was designed to treat sunburn, but the active ingredients can also relieve eczema symptoms. Vitamin C, glutathione and B-vitamins help reduce inflammation and pain associated with sun damage or dry, itchy eczema patches. This package also contains zinc and vitamin D to help your skin heal from cracks and blisters. You can add glutathione to make this treatment even more catered to eczema relief.
Schedule an Eczema Treatment With Mobile IV Medics
If you’ve tried all the eczema pills and creams and still can’t get relief, IV therapy could be the solution you need. At Mobile IV Medics, we offer a wide range of treatments with vitamins and supplements to help soothe and repair your skin.
Just make an appointment and a registered nurse will travel to your location to administer the drip package of your choice. IV therapy is a quick and reliable way to alleviate the pain and self-consciousness that eczema may cause.
Schedule an appointment today to experience the benefits of IV therapy for your eczema!