You’ve likely heard that hydration after a long night of fun is crucial to getting you back on your feet in no time. But did you know that there is an intravenous (IV) bag designed specifically to target the unpleasant symptoms that come with excessive alcohol consumption? These drips are commonly referred to as banana bags or Myers Cocktails, and they can work wonders after a night of overindulgence.
The late Dr. John Myers developed this IV drip to treat patients with fibromyalgia, asthma, migraines, fatigue and more. The cocktail proved effective and is still a popular choice today for people who need fast and effective replenishment.
Read on to learn more about banana bags, including what’s inside them, what they treat and the benefits of receiving them.
- What Is a Banana Bag?
- What’s Inside a Banana Bag?
- What Is a Banana Bag Used For?
- The Benefits of a Banana IV Bag
- Mobile IV Medics Delivers Relief
What Is a Banana Bag?
Aptly named for its bright yellow color due to its collection of B vitamins, a banana bag IV is a drip containing a blend of vitamins and minerals that alleviate symptoms from a variety of conditions, including hangovers.
What’s Inside a Banana Bag?
Banana bags, also known as rally packs, are formulated with an invigorating blend of ingredients designed to provide the right nutrients to the body. While banana bag ingredients may vary slightly, they usually include:
- Saline and electrolytes: Standard in most hospital IV fluids, saline and electrolytes hydrate the body and ensure it can properly absorb other vitamins and minerals.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B has many benefits for the body, including enhancing brain function and battling stress and fatigue.
- Vitamin B12: You can boost your red blood cell production and metabolism with vitamin B12.
- Vitamin C: Well known for its immune-boosting capabilities, vitamin C also helps reduce inflammation and increase energy levels.
Other ingredients you might find in a banana bag IV include:
- Folic acid: Folic acid helps the body build healthy new cells, and it’s also an essential nutrient for pregnancy.
- Magnesium: Banana bags also include magnesium, which is a key nutrient involved in many processes in the body, like controlling muscle and nerve function, blood sugar and blood pressure and building protein, bone and DNA.
- Thiamine: Thiamine helps the body create energy from nutrients, making it vital to the growth, development and function of healthy cells.
What Is a Banana Bag Used For?
Banana bags can alleviate symptoms for a variety of conditions, making them a perfect holistic approach for short-term conditions like hangovers, as well as chronic conditions such as asthma, migraines and chronic pain. Learn more about the various uses for banana bag IVs:
- Hangovers: Hangovers are typically unpleasant. You may experience symptoms like headache, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, dizziness and anxiety, but proper hydration and nutrients can help your body recover.
- Asthma: Hydration is helpful for those who suffer acute asthma attacks, but the concentration of vitamins may also help relieve symptoms. Some research indicates vitamin C may be especially helpful for asthma sufferers.
- Fibromyalgia: Since banana bags can aid in relieving pain and inflammation, individuals with fibromyalgia may find relief with these IV treatments.
- Migraines: Chronic migraines can cause significant distress for those who suffer them. Luckily, banana bags may provide some relief and ensure people with migraines have the right hydration and vitamins in their system
- Common cold and sinusitis: When you’re suffering from a cold, getting the right nutrients can be difficult. Luckily, a banana bag has the perfect vitamins and minerals to help you get back on your feet.
The Benefits of a Banana IV Bag
Banana bags do much more than just relieve a hangover fast. Following are five additional benefits:
1. Increased Hydration and Immunity
Banana bags contain a base of saline and electrolytes that quickly boost the body’s hydration levels. Because banana bags infuse into your bloodstream, they bypass the digestive system, delivering hydration to cells rapidly and more efficiently than simply drinking water and other fluids. They also enhance the function of your body’s cells, making them more capable of fighting off infection.
2. Better Nerve and Bone Health and Improved Circulation
The vitamins in banana bags can enhance overall nerve and bone health. Vitamin B12 plays a role in nerve repair and regeneration, helping to mitigate the effects of fibromyalgia and diabetic nerve damage.
Additionally, the fluid in banana bags promotes circulation by stimulating red blood cell production, which in turn boosts blood pressure. Healthy blood circulation reduces fatigue, improves performance and enhances general well-being.
3. Higher Energy Levels and More Restful Sleep
Banana bags deliver magnesium and B-complex vitamins, both of which help produce and release melatonin. This hormone regulates your circadian rhythm and promotes sound sleep.
Banana bag infusions also boost energy levels through the rapid delivery of nutrients. B-complex vitamins and magnesium are especially powerful in this regard because they aid in cellular energy production.
4. Sharper Memory and Enhanced Mood
Too little Vitamin B12 and Vitamin C in the body can hinder your ability to recall things. Other effects include difficulty concentrating, inability to retain information and poor cognitive performance. Banana bags contain high concentrations of each of these vitamins, which activate the brain and improve recall and memory capacity, even in older adults experiencing natural memory decline.
Vitamin B12 promotes the production of serotonin, a mood-regulating chemical that increases feelings of happiness. The vitamin C in banana bags can also improve mood and promote a sense of vitality and well-being.
5. Exercise Recovery and Jetlag
Vitamin C helps ease muscle soreness so you can get back to your exercise routine sooner. It can also aid you after travel. Crossing time zones can disrupt your internal sleep-wake cycle, causing jetlag. Banana bags help counteract the fatigue that comes with jetlag by boosting melatonin production and hydrating the body.
Mobile IV Medics Delivers Relief
Now that you know how banana bags can benefit your health, you might wonder how to get one for yourself. Mobile IV Medics has a variety of IV drips to alleviate a wide range of symptoms. Best of all, we come to you so you don’t have to leave your house when you’re not feeling well.
While any IV drip we offer will deliver optimal hydration fast, our banana bags stand out with their targeted combination of essential vitamins and nutrients. Our Myers cocktails contain a base of hydrating IV fluid fortified with vitamin C, vitamin B complex and magnesium. In addition to bringing you back from an intense night of celebration, Myers cocktails are also effective at treating the symptoms of acute diseases and chronic illnesses when administered regularly.
Mobile IV Medics brings IV therapy straight to you. Choose our hangover package, Myers cocktail or customize your IV package and schedule an appointment to feel better fast.