With the new year underway and resolutions starting to take shape, there is no better time than now to start working toward your health goals! Whether you want to get in shape, shed some body fat or build confidence, losing weight is a perfect start to feeling like your best self.
Adding a few effective tasks and goals to your daily routine can help you develop healthy eating habits to lose weight naturally. These weight loss habits can range from adding whole, unprocessed foods to your diet to spending more time in the gym discovering workouts you enjoy most! The first step is to see which healthy habits for weight loss help you achieve your goals for the new year.
Look at the following three best habits for weight loss to add to your daily routine.
Easy Ways to Lose Weight
1. Add Fat-Burning Foods to Your Diet
The foods you eat significantly affect your body’s ability to gain, lose or maintain weight. While most may think of dieting as denying themselves their favorite foods and choosing bland, repetitive meals instead, so many options are as delicious as they are nutritious.
If you are targeting weight loss in your abdomen, belly fat-burning foods make tasty snacks, sides and main dishes. Look at the following foods that encourage healthy habits to lose belly fat.
- Yogurt: The sweet, creamy taste of a cup of yogurt is an excellent food you can snack on or enjoy as a dessert. Yogurt is rich in calcium and protein, which help slow down weight gain and fat growth. Adding this food to your diet can help you shed the fat that hides the abdominal muscles you’ve been working so hard to tone.
- Beans: Adding a tasty side dish of beans to your meals can prevent inflammation in your digestive system. Smooth digestion without constant inflammation decreases your chance of gaining weight, so you can enjoy flavorful beans while feeling your best each day.
- Edamame: Get your daily portions of healthy greens with edamame. These green soybeans contain high fiber and nutrients that make you feel full after each meal. Eating edamame as an appetizer can help you avoid overeating to fight off weight gain.
- Broccoli: Another yummy green to add to your diet is broccoli. This vegetable gives you a boost of vitamin C and sulforaphane, helping your body decrease fat storage. You can eat broccoli on the side or put it in soup, salads and other mouthwatering meal options.
- Bell peppers: The satisfying crunchy texture and sweet flavors of bell peppers are excellent for your physical health. Every bite provides you with vitamin C to help burn belly fat.
- Salmon: Salmon is high in protein, which makes you feel full longer. This versatile fish can star in any recipe, from sandwiches to sushi. It’s also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are an essential part of a balanced diet. When combined with a healthy lifestyle, these fats can promote weight loss.
- Diluted vinegar: Spice up your cooking and baking with apple cider vinegar and other diluted vinegar. When you put this simple ingredient in your foods, the acetic acid reduces fat storage in the body and increases your metabolism. You may not even taste the difference in your meals, but you will feel amazing after adding diluted vinegar to your diet.
2. Start a Weight Loss Exercise Regimen
Dieting and exercising are the two most influential factors for weight loss. While you find nutritious ingredients to cook with, you can also start experimenting with fitness to find a routine you can stick with consistently. Whether you want to try out a gym membership or get some vitamin D by going outdoors, you can make your weight loss journey fun with exercises you enjoy.
Some exercises burn more calories, while others may build your strength and endurance. If your goal is to create a daily routine to lose weight fast, try to focus on higher-intensity workouts that burn the most calories per hour.
In one hour, you can burn the following amount of calories through these exercises:
- About 606 calories per hour by running.
- About 438 calories per hour by hiking.
- About 423 calories per hour by swimming.
- About 402 calories per hour with water aerobic exercises.
- About 365 calories per hour with elliptical training or low-impact aerobic exercise.
- About 314 calories per hour by golfing, walking or skiing.
- About 292 calories per hour by bicycling.
- About 219 calories per hour by dancing.
If you want to lose weight at a longer, steadier pace, you can develop tiny habits for weight loss by combining the above exercises multiple times a week. Focus on the workouts that make your fitness journey fun, instead of those that feel like a chore. There’s no greater satisfaction than building a healthy relationship with your body through regular fitness.
3. Weigh Yourself Regularly
Stepping on the scale can be intimidating for many people starting their weight loss journey. We completely understand the anxiousness of seeing the number that lights up. However, this is the first step to achieving all your goals.
Knowing your starting weight allows you to track your progress throughout your new journey to health and wellness. Losing weight can take time and experimentation to know which practices work best for your body. Getting on the scale early each day as part of your morning routine to lose weight can help you better monitor which changes in your daily weight loss routine are working and which ones might be holding you back from accomplishing your goals.
Weight loss studies show that those who habitually weighed themselves six to seven times a week recorded a 1.7% loss of body weight compared to those who only weighed in once weekly. Prioritizing weigh-ins multiple times a week is an excellent way to see your progress in small increments that lead toward the healthier future you desire.
Give Your Weight Loss Routine a Boost With Mobile IV Medics
Get a head start on your weight loss journey with Mobile IV Medics! Our specially formulated weight loss IV drip can give you a boost of vitamins to enhance your healthy habits in the new year. You can also enjoy improved metabolism, higher-quality sleep and decreased recovery times after a workout. Adding the IV drip to your new daily healthy habits routine allows your goals to become achievable right before your eyes.
You can make your IV drip experience as relaxing as possible by receiving the treatment at home. When you book your IV appointment, one of our trained registered nurses will come to you to administer the weight loss drip wherever you are most comfortable. After your session, you can enjoy the benefits for two to three weeks and take advantage of this time to maintain your new healthy habits.
Contact us today with any questions about our appointments or IV drip options.
About the author
Brad Wenderoth, Pharm.D.
Brad Wenderoth, Pharm.D. is a licensed pharmacist and co-owner of Mobile IV Medics. With over 16 years of healthcare experience, Brad is bringing his expertise and passion for patient care to the Mobile IV Medics patient population. Prior to Mobile IV Medics, Brad worked in varying areas including both direct patient care and hospital leadership at Keck Medicine of the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles, nationwide health system pharmacy consulting for Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS), and professor of pharmacy at the USC School of Pharmacy. He holds a doctorate in pharmacy from the University of Arizona, a pharmacy practice residency from USC, and a lean six sigma green belt from Johns Hopkins.