Seasonal allergies are your body’s overreaction to airborne irritants like pollen — it identifies these particles as harmful even though they’re not. When you encounter these irritants, your immune system will treat them like an infection by creating antibodies. Antibodies release histamine, which produces familiar allergy symptoms.
Table of Contents:
- Common Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
- Seasonal Allergy At-Home Remedies
- How Does IV Therapy for Allergies Work?
- Which IV Package Should I Choose to Ease My Seasonal Allergies?
- Schedule a Drip IV for Seasonal Allergies With Mobile IV Medics
Even a brief exposure to these allergens can cause you to have annoying allergy symptoms for the rest of the day. Some seasonal allergy irritants, such as tree pollen, are outdoors. Others, like mold and pet dander, are more likely to bother you indoors, so you might experience symptoms year-round.
Common Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
The symptoms of seasonal allergies include:
- Coughing or throat irritation
- Ear congestion or ear canal itchiness
- Itchy, runny or congested nose
- Postnasal drip
- Sinus congestion, pressure or pain
- Shortness of breath
- Skin rashes, itchiness or redness
- Watery, puffy or itchy eyes
Allergy symptoms can cause discomfort or interrupt your daily schedule. In some cases, they can mimic the symptoms of a cold or could even develop into a sinus infection.
Seasonal Allergy At-Home Remedies
Allergy sufferers can find relief through effective at-home remedies. Follow these tips to feel better during allergy season.
- Get plenty of sleep: Sleep and relaxation balance your body’s immune response, which is essential when your body is overreacting to irritants.
- Take a shower: Wash away all the allergens you might have picked up during the day.
- Limit your exposure to allergens: If you know what causes your seasonal allergies, do your best to avoid these triggers. Stay indoors on dry, windy days, don’t hang laundry outside and remove clothing you’ve worn outdoors as soon as possible. If you must be outside, wearing a pollen mask over your nose and mouth can prevent you from breathing in allergens.
- Keep your indoor air clean: Removing any allergens from your home will help you avoid severe symptoms. Turn on your air conditioning, use high-efficiency air filters and keep air dry with a dehumidifier.
- Take over-the-counter medications: Decongestants, nasal spray, oral antihistamines and combination medications can all prevent or relieve seasonal allergy symptoms.
How Does IV Therapy for Allergies Work?
In some cases, your allergy symptoms may be too severe for at-home remedies to have a noticeable effect. Drip IV for seasonal allergies is one of the best treatment methods because it delivers the fluids, electrolytes, minerals and vitamins your body needs to feel well again. IV packages support your immune system by flushing out the allergens, reducing oxidative stress, boosting vital nutrients and lowering the histamine response. Since the IV puts these nutrients directly into the bloodstream, it is an excellent seasonal allergy relief method.
Here is how the ingredients in drip IV for seasonal allergies reduce the symptoms and improves wellness.
- Vitamin B12: As your body fights the irritants causing your seasonal allergies, it will use up your body’s vitamin B supply, making your symptoms worse. Vitamin B12 reduces symptoms like runny noses, congestion and sneezing.
- B complex: Also called vitamin B6 or folate, the B complex decreases your seasonal allergies’ severity by regulating inflammation and repressing allergy symptoms. It supports an overworked immune system and reduces mucus buildup and throat constriction.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a natural antihistamine that prevents your body from releasing histamine. When it encounters histamines, Vitamin C breaks them down faster. As a result, your seasonal allergy symptoms will decrease.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is an antioxidant that repairs tissue and makes the chemicals and proteins your immune system needs. It reduces your body’s oxidative stress, which can reduce your chances of disease.
- Magnesium: This mineral is a natural antihistamine, so it reduces your body’s histamine levels. Magnesium has a calming effect on the body and the bronchial tube in your lungs. It relieves your airways to alleviate symptoms like a constricted throat and shortness of breath.
- Saline: As your body tries to flush out the irritants, you’ll lose fluids through symptoms like watery eyes and a runny nose. You can feel dehydrated as a result. The IV fluid has a 100% absorption rate and provides quick results.
- Zinc: Zinc maintains immune system health by improving your white blood cells’ function and balancing your immune response. Stress can worsen allergy symptoms, and zinc’s antidepressant effects help regulate your stress.
Which IV Package Should I Choose to Ease My Seasonal Allergies?
The best IV treatments to alleviate the symptoms of seasonal allergies are our Myers’ Cocktail or Immune System Support IV packages.
The Myers’ Cocktail IV package has a combination of fluids, nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that promote rejuvenation, maintain wellness and alleviate the symptoms of acute or chronic illnesses and diseases. As a result, you will gain:
- A more robust immune system.
- Fewer to no seasonal allergy symptoms.
- Restored body balance.
- Full-body hydration.
The Myers’ Cocktail features IV fluid, magnesium, vitamin B complex, B12 and vitamin C. This IV therapy for allergies increases the concentration of these vitamins and minerals in the bloodstream to quickly reduce inflammation and irritation associated with seasonal allergies. Vitamin C supports the immune system, while the B12 and B complex vitamins reduce fatigue and speed metabolism.
Immune System Support
The Immune System Support IV package boosts your immune system with hydration, antioxidants, nutrients and vitamins for seasonal allergy symptom relief. This treatment will:
- Improve your body’s hydration.
- Remove toxins from your body.
- Control inflammation.
- Keep your systems functioning correctly.
The vitamins in this IV therapy package work with the natural defenses your body produces when you have seasonal allergies. The B complex grows your immune cells, B12 increases white blood cells and zinc boosts the function of white blood cells. As a result, the drip IV will boost your immune system and quickly fight off your symptoms.
Schedule a Drip IV for Seasonal Allergies With Mobile IV Medics
Get relief from your seasonal allergies with Mobile IV Medics. We provide convenient IV therapy to alleviate the symptoms of conditions like seasonal allergies and help you feel better right away.
Our IV packages have the ingredients necessary to reduce or eliminate your symptoms. Select the Myers’ Cocktail or Immune System Support package and book a convenient day and time online. One of our registered nurses will come to you, so you can get your drip IV for seasonal allergies in the comfort of your home. The infusion is virtually pain-free, and you’ll soon feel like yourself again.
Schedule your IV therapy today by calling us, booking online or starting a live chat with one of our representatives. Our service areas include cities in:
About the author
Brad Wenderoth, Pharm.D.
Brad Wenderoth, Pharm.D. is a licensed pharmacist and co-owner of Mobile IV Medics. With over 16 years of healthcare experience, Brad is bringing his expertise and passion for patient care to the Mobile IV Medics patient population. Prior to Mobile IV Medics, Brad worked in varying areas including both direct patient care and hospital leadership at Keck Medicine of the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles, nationwide health system pharmacy consulting for Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS), and professor of pharmacy at the USC School of Pharmacy. He holds a doctorate in pharmacy from the University of Arizona, a pharmacy practice residency from USC, and a lean six sigma green belt from Johns Hopkins.