With the holiday season right around the corner, there is no better time to find ways to boost your immune system. Winter can bring a range of bacterial infections and contagious illnesses to your home, workplace, and public settings you regularly visit. Luckily, with a healthy immune system, you can easily fight off these sicknesses and enjoy a happy and healthy winter season.
Keep reading to learn how to boost your immune system.
- 5 Signs of a Weakened Immune System
- How to Maintain a Strong Immune System
- What Boosts the Immune System the Most: 4 Quick Ways to Improve Your Immunity
- How to Boost Your Immune System Quickly
5 Signs of a Weakened Immune System
It might not feel like a big deal to catch an occasional mild cold. A few days of rest, hydration and over-the-counter medications can quickly get you back on your feet. However, getting sick multiple times a year can be a cause for concern.
Typical signs of a weakened immune system can appear as subtle as slight physical aches and flagging energy levels or as noticeable as having to make multiple doctor visits every year. Learning how to spot these red flags can lead you to start a healthy journey.
Signs of a weakened immune system include the following.
- Constantly feeling tired: Low energy can indicate your body is working overtime to support your immune system, making the rest of you feel sluggish.
- Frequent stomachaches: Since most of your immune system is near the digestive tract, you may get regular stomachaches if your immune system is struggling to keep up.
- You have high stress levels: If you have ever felt sniffly after presenting a big project at school or work, it’s because stress directly impacts your immune system. Stress decreases the effectiveness of white blood cells that work with the immune system to fight off infections, making you feel under the weather.
- You feel like you always have a cold: Many people get a mild cold once or twice a year. However, you could have a vulnerable immune system if you start catching frequent sicknesses and take longer to get over them.
- You get infections easily: When your immune system slows down or weakens, your white blood cells cannot fight infections as effectively. That may make you feel sick more often, leading to bronchitis, sinus or ear infections.
How to Maintain a Strong Immune System
While strengthening this essential part of your body does not happen overnight, you can adopt simple practices to prioritize health and maintain a robust immune system. This ongoing process offers numerous benefits for your immune system’s functions and overall health through physical and mental maintenance that will allow you to feel your best!
You can start maintaining a resilient immune system by following these healthy habits:
- Prioritize sleep.
- Avoid stress.
- Stay hydrated.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Get vaccinated.
- Wash your hands.
What Boosts the Immune System the Most: 4 Quick Ways to Improve Your Immunity
With so many beneficial ways to boost your immune system’s health, treating yourself has never felt so rewarding. Though your body can take some time to adapt to new immune system booster vitamins, ingredients and scheduled appointments, you can gradually start feeling more energized and ready to tackle your daily goals.
Consider the following factors that support your immune system for quick results and lasting health benefits.
1. Consume Probiotic-Rich Foods and Supplements
Probiotics are microorganisms with beneficial health-boosting capabilities. These microbiomes help balance digestive health and immune system functions, so your body can get the necessary nutrients.
Delicious probiotic-rich foods that can boost your immune system include:
Supplements can also do the trick for higher concentrations of probiotics to benefit digestive and immune system health. Talk with your doctor to see if probiotic supplements are a step in the right direction to boost your organ function.
2. Take Vitamin C, Zinc and Other Supplements
Supplements and vitamin-rich foods are an excellent way to promote healthier organ and immune system functions. The five best vitamins for boosting your immunity are vitamin C, B6, E, zinc and selenium. You can easily find foods containing high quantities of these vitamins for long-term immune system support or take dietary supplements for the same results.
Fortunately, many of your favorite foods are excellent sources of these essential nutrients. Vitamin-rich foods that are as delicious as they are nutritious include:
- Citrus fruits
- Chicken, beef and turkey
- Nuts and seeds
- Lean meats
- Green vegetables
3. Drink Bone Broth
Bone broth is an impressive superfood with numerous health benefits for your immune and digestive systems. This simple ingredient contains essential nutrients that reduce inflammation, fight pathogens, restore intestinal lining, detoxify your body and improve overall gut health.
One of the most effective ways to boost your immune system is to maintain a nutritionally balanced diet. You can add bone broth to many recipes to help your immune system fight diseases, with protein, collagen and antibodies in each bite. Stay illness-free with the incredible health benefits of bone broth.
4. Schedule an IV Drip
In addition to getting essential nutrients from your diet, you can receive an immediate immunity boost with IV drip therapy. One quick treatment introduces vitamins and IV fluid directly into your bloodstream for fast results, so you can feel your best as soon as possible.
The IV fluid and vitamins your body receives through a bloodstream injection are one of the most effective ways to support your healthy lifestyle, providing hydration and removing toxins that can cause a weakened immune system.
How to Boost Your Immune System Quickly
When your immune system could use extra support from healthy vitamins and minerals, Mobile IV Medics can help! Our Immune System Support IV Package provides hydration, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that allow you to feel healthy all year long. Say goodbye to sick days and bringing tissues everywhere you go with our simple, effective IV treatments.
Our Immune System Support IV Package contains vitamin C, B16, B complex, zinc, glutathione and IV fluid for quick and healthy results when you need them most. With our mobile services, you can schedule your first appointment in one of our locations or in the comfort of your home, where one of our licensed registered nurses can administer the IV for you.
Book your IV therapy appointment today.
- What Is IV Glutathione Good For?
- View Our IV Treatment Menu
- How Can I Hydrate My Body Without Drinking Water?
- What Is The Myers’ Cocktail?
About the author
Brad Wenderoth, Pharm.D.
Brad Wenderoth, Pharm.D. is a licensed pharmacist and co-owner of Mobile IV Medics. With over 16 years of healthcare experience, Brad is bringing his expertise and passion for patient care to the Mobile IV Medics patient population. Prior to Mobile IV Medics, Brad worked in varying areas including both direct patient care and hospital leadership at Keck Medicine of the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles, nationwide health system pharmacy consulting for Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS), and professor of pharmacy at the USC School of Pharmacy. He holds a doctorate in pharmacy from the University of Arizona, a pharmacy practice residency from USC, and a lean six sigma green belt from Johns Hopkins.