The liver works hard to keep your body healthy, performing over 500 vital tasks. Everything you eat or drink is filtered through your liver. It stores nutrients and removes toxins to provide your body with clean energy. When your liver is damaged or diseased, you may experience a variety of symptoms. Liver disorders can make it challenging to perform everyday activities or even get out of bed.
IV therapy is a safe and painless treatment for liver disease. It can help relieve your symptoms and provide your body with the nutrients to heal and recover. If you’re looking for relief from symptoms of a liver disorder, consider the benefits of IV therapy explained in this guide.
- Common Types of Liver Disease and Disorders
- Which IV Therapies Are Good for the Liver?
- Alleviate Symptoms of Liver Disease With Mobile IV Medics
Common Types of Liver Disease and Disorders
Nearly 4.5 million U.S. adults have been diagnosed with liver disease. A variety of factors cause liver problems, such as genetics, viruses, alcohol use and obesity. Common liver conditions include:
- Alcoholic fatty liver disease: The liver is responsible for processing the alcohol you drink and removing it from your body. When it has to break down large quantities of alcohol at once, the process creates harmful amounts of toxins that can damage your liver cells. Regularly consuming large amounts of alcohol can cause alcoholic fatty liver disease. Over time, this condition can progress to more serious end even fatal liver conditions.
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD): People who drink little to no alcohol can develop a range of liver conditions called NAFLD. The primary characteristic of NAFLD is too much fat in the liver cells.NAFLD is more common in people with obesity, high cholesterol and triglycerides, insulin resistance, high blood sugar and other metabolic disorders. It often causes little to no symptoms, but it can lead to life-threatening inflammation and liver damage called nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
- Viral hepatitis: Hepatitis is inflammation of the liver. The most common cause of swelling is a viral infection. Hepatitis viruses A, B and C are the most common in the U.S.
- Wilson disease: Wilson disease is a genetic condition that causes your body to retain high levels of copper. Instead of processing copper into bile as it should, the liver stores an excess amount causing damage to the organ. Eventually, the liver becomes so damaged that it releases copper directly into the bloodstream. The copper flows through the body, causing damage to the kidneys, brain and eyes.
- Hemochromatosis: One of the most common genetic disorders that leads to liver damage is hemochromatosis. The body absorbs too much iron and stores a significant amount in the liver. High concentrations of iron can cause liver damage and organ failure.
When your liver is damaged by these conditions, it tries to repair itself — forming scar tissue in a process called cirrhosis. Over time, layers of scar tissue make it challenging for the liver to function properly. Advanced stages of cirrhosis can lead to life-threatening liver failure. Cirrhosis damage is generally permanent, but you can stop it from progressing with early treatment for the underlying condition.
Which IV Therapies Are Good for the Liver?
IV therapy helps nourish your body to give your liver a chance to recover. It contains hydrating fluids and essential vitamins and minerals to cleanse your liver so it can function properly. If you’re looking for new ways to manage your liver condition, these IV packages can promote healing and relieve symptoms:
1. Glutathione IV Liver Detox
Glutathione plays a crucial role in protecting the liver while it processes harmful toxins. Low levels of glutathione often cause alcohol- and non-alcohol-induced liver diseases. Studies show that glutathione supplements are an effective treatment for many liver conditions. IV treatments with glutathione deliver vital nutrients directly into the bloodstream to help your body break down toxins.
2. IV Hydration for Cirrhosis
Increasing glutathione levels through IV therapy can also help relieve stress and inflammation on your liver to potentially prevent the progression of cirrhosis. The fluids and supplements included in your infusion package can also help alleviate cirrhosis symptoms such as:
- Abdominal pain
3. Fluids for Liver Failure
Liver failure is the final stage of liver disease when all or part of the organ becomes so damaged it can no longer function. The most common type of liver failure develops after many years of damage from chronic liver disease. Acute liver failure is less common, often resulting from hepatitis, Wilson’s disease and other conditions.
When a virus causes liver failure, IV therapy can help treat your symptoms until your liver recovers on its own. If liver failure is caused by long-term damage, IV therapy can help relieve your symptoms until you can receive a liver transplant and can aid in your recovery afterward.
4. Zinc IV Therapy for Liver Disease
The liver plays a crucial role in the absorption of zinc, so chronic liver diseases such as hepatitis, fatty liver disease, cirrhosis and hemochromatosis often lead to zinc deficiency. Low levels of zinc can worsen your condition and lead to several other health issues, including skin sores, weight loss and loss of appetite.
Taking zinc supplements replenishes these levels to help your liver function properly. Studies show that zinc treatments have positive results on patients with liver disease.
Zinc supplements are also an effective treatment for people with Wilson disease. Zinc prevents the body from absorbing toxic amounts of copper. It also helps the body excrete excess copper so the liver has a chance to heal.
IV therapy can help deliver zinc quickly to the cells that need it most. You can add zinc to IV packages, or choose the following drip packages with zinc included:
- Recovery IV Drip Package
- MIVM Cocktail IV Drip Package
- Immune System Support IV Package
- Beauty IV Drip Package
- Cold and Flu IV Drip
- Food Poisoning IV
- Sunburn IV
5. Hydration IV for Hepatitis
If you’re recovering from hepatitis, doctors recommend rest, healthy foods and plenty of fluids to help your body fight the virus. The IV Hydration Package contains saline and electrolytes to restore your body’s fluid levels much faster than drinking water. You can also add nourishing vitamins and minerals to fuel your body so it can overcome the virus.
Alleviate Symptoms of Liver Disease With Mobile IV Medics
If you’re dealing with liver disease symptoms, order rapid relief to your bedside with Mobile IV Medics. Receiving IV drip therapy can help ease your symptoms at home so you can avoid a long and uncomfortable trip to the hospital. Simply choose a treatment, schedule an appointment, and a registered nurse will travel to your location to administer your IV drip.
We offer a variety of treatments containing glutathione, zinc, and other supplements to help nourish and rejuvenate your body. The infusion is quick, easy and pain-free. Schedule an appointment today to see if IV treatment can help provide relief from your liver condition.